In this episode, Kristi and Lindsey talk about politics! Well. Sort of. What we are actually discussing is the fact that people can actually hold two (or more) different opinions, emotions, ideals, and have them be in conflict with each other.
The conversation starts because of the difficult scenario the heroine in Elizabeth Camden’s A Gilded Lady finds herself in, torn between loyalty to her country and her job and love for and belief in her brother.
Items referenced in this episode:
- A Gilded Lady by Elizabeth Camden
- Hamilton the Musical
- Thomas Jefferson
- Previous episodes: Authenticity and Cancel Culture
- The Last Year of the War by Susan Meissner
- Purity Culture
- Our definition of Southern Heritage: Family, Faith, and Food
- Backpacks and Boulders sermon series at River Point Community Church
- A few of our amazing patrons!
Theme music by GoodBMusic on Pixabay.